About Me

My photo
A simple chick, who likes to have fun!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mini-Haul #2 and product review

Hiya!


It's been a loooong while since I've posted, and I truly apologize. As I explained in my previous post, my life's been kinda hectic since the end of September, and it's slowly going back on track. I have a few nail art and a few swatches I wanna post over the next week. I know I've said that before, but now that I have more time, I actually will!


Over the past few weeks, my nails have let a lot to desire. The Mavala strengtheners I bought in September aren't doing their job, and it's like my nails have gone weaker for some reason. Tired of desperately gluing back my nails back together, and filing them so the difference in length wouldn't be too apparent, I just decided to chop them all off last week. Here's what they looked like (pardon the horrible cuticles):






So then I went to the store, to try and find a fortifier, and decided to go another way. I remembered how tough my nails were with a gel manicure, but didn't really wanna spend $45 on it. So I've decided to buy a home kit instead! I also bought a few polishes with it, hence a mini-haul.










I bought:
- Broadway Real Life Brush-On Gel Nail Kit
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Fireberry Red
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Purple Gala
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Berry Swift




On to the review, for Broadway Real Life Brush-On Gel Nail Kit.




I put on the tips and the brush-on gel without any problems, really. I was happily surprised, and it doesn't have that heavy feeling some fake nails have. I also have a problem with fake nails, as they never stay on for very long, but these tips seem to stay. I'll test them further over the week, as I have to do the fall cleaning of my Dad's house. I hope they'll stick through that! Here's what it looks like:






I am again promising swatches over the next few days, as well as some overdue manis.


Hugs, and thanks for sticking around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking this out!